Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The doldrums.

A girl sits in front of an aged computer. Her eyes have an expressionless look -- the one usually reserved for video manuals about half-assed power tools and for math class.

"You know what," she says to herself, "I'm going to write a blog post."

And then she doesn't really bother doing much because who is she kidding she isn't a writer. So she picks up the guitar instead (she isn't really a guitarist either) and forsakes her blog for the time being.

. . . I'm finding myself uninterested in writing at the moment. Words don't seem to force their way out of my fingertips so often. My fingertips are pretty preoccupied with fretboards and calculations. It kind of makes me sad.

I lost my favourite notebook filled with ideas and questions and some songs I was working on which I don't think I'll be able to reproduce.

I'm hoping for my inner writer to start talking again. In the meantime I've been pounding words out now and again. We'll see what happens I suppose.

I'm switching to a lower dose of ADHD meds. I think I am happy about this.

I think that's all I have to say for now.

<3 Gabi

P.S. If any Bostonians read my blog, my heart and thoughts are with you.

1 comment:

  1. Same here. I've tried a handful of times to write something, but every time I falter and then close the browser window. I just can't find the drive to do it right now for some reason. Hence my two-month gap between posts.

    That sucks that you lost your notebook. Did you lose it at home, or somewhere else?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me feel all warm and fuzzy, and I'm very interested in what you say. :D